Monday 23 March 2015

An army needs generals

As part of the campaign I am playing with Mick, we had to split our allotted points up to make 3 armies, hence the need for 3 army generals. It then became apparent, the only General figure(s) I had completed for my WSS collection was that of Marlborough himself. I had plenty of single based models to represent the brigadiers and even enough double bases for the divisional commanders but only 1 General. I made a quick order to Essex Miniatures to rectify that. I decided to paint them up to match the armies that I have in my collection, hence 1 for the Saxons, 1 for the Imperialists and 1 for the French. these are not the greatest photos as taken with my mobile and the lighting was not great.





The figures are all from Essex except for the 2 mounted drummers which are from Roundway Miniatures. I'm not sure of the make of the standing horse. After these guys I decided to paint up a couple of spare Dragoon figures to act as messengers for relaying orders. I painted them in Imperialist colours as they will match my army for the campaign. I have also started on some dismounted dragoon figures as I need to represent them for holding bridges and such like,




Now I just need to complete 2 more bases of dismounted dragoons for the English for our next game in April.

7 comments:

  1. Great command figures, and I like the idea of the messengers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking Generals bases. This period always seems so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking command stands Scotty!
    Really like the 15mm Essex fig's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An army needs beautiful vignette...that's done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your right an army does need generals which I often neglect to do quick enough. These look nice Scotty!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete