Sunday 16 June 2024

Not totally idle

I hadn't realised it has been more than 2 weeks since I posted anything. I must admit wargaming has taken a bit of a back seat at the moment. I think I just needed a bit of a break, so giving the club a miss to try and re-charge. Since I started a new job in December I often found myself rushing to try and get to the club, not good after a 12 hour day. I also found I was the one organising the games and then taking on the role of the umpire. So apart from some mass participation games such as Gladiators and What a Tanker, I'd only actually played 5 games in 6 months run by others. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy running games, but it would be nice if I could actually use my own figures in a game or play a game where someone else has organised a scenario, the forces and set the table up.

Back to the hobby in general, I did manage a little painting. The first being another 3 casualty markers for the Marston Moor game.


The figures are from Peter Pig and the dice frames from Pendraken. The other painting I did was another regiment of ECW for Simon. He had sent a box of 10 regiments for me to paint. A bit of a surprise as I wasn't expecting any.


I chose red coats as they are quite common for the period. Like the last batch, Simon is adding the flags and bases.

4 comments:

  1. That's the trouble with painting both sides of an army. You rarely get to play with them yourself. Hopefully some of the guys at your club read this and put a few games on for you? Nice figures though Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am probably on the opposite boat, apart from my solo games at home, I very rarely organise a scenario for our Sunday group, but I can certainly understand why you might get a bit over being the non playing umpire 90% of the time. As Ray says, hopefully things change at your club.
    The latest ECW figures look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith. Hope they do change. Got a bit fed up with everyone looking at me at the end of the night and asking me what they were playing next week. Need a break from it.

      Delete