Monday 18 September 2023

Sir Charles Fairfax regiment of foote

After a little break from painting, well 2 weeks. I decided to crack on with the ECW project. This time the first of my Parlaimentarian infantry. I went for Sir Charles Fairfax's regiment, simply because I had the flag. For the uniform I went with a blue grey, simple choice following a grey undercoat.




Happy to make a start on the Parlaimenatarians. Luckily just 3 more infantry regiments to go. I've also come to hate painting pikes. These have been undercoated brown to save a little time, hopefully. I've also been making some more progress on hedges, adding another 5 and half feet to the collection. I did some of these using a scouring pad to make them look like maintained hedges around villages.

14 comments:

  1. Nice! I picked up a couple of boxes "just in case"! Did you notice that Matt at wargamesinthedungeon recently embarked upon a similar project? He put the pikemen at porte in between the pikemen with pikes upright. I think it looks good and avoids the pikes sticking out over the base. Your thoughts on his basing scheme?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had seen, his basing will help protect the pikes. Think I'll continue with them in the front rank as I purely like the look

      Delete
  2. Another excellent regiment Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stuff Scotty and good to see you "back in the saddle", as they say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, just need to kick on and get a few more done for a game

      Delete
  4. Very nice work. This scale would be a challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, they are actually quite quick to paint except for the pikes

      Delete
  5. A fine looking unit of Foote; are these Warlord "Epic Scale"?

    ReplyDelete