Sunday 3 April 2022

Bolshevik cavalry

Thought it was time to add a unit of cavalry to the force. These are Copplestone castings that I picked up from Colonel Bills. I went for a pretty uniform approach for this batch. Future batches will have slight variations. 




I can see me adding atleast another 2 units to this regiment, including some command and a few with great coats.

This brings me nicely to the end of stage 1, i.e. I have enough for a game. Stage 2 will see the addition if more infantry and cavalry. There will also be some vehicles and artillery. I do have an order in for some sailors and artillery. So here is the force so far.





This gives me 6 units of infantry, a unit of cavalry and a maxim MG team. Probably not strong enough to take on my British yet.

8 comments:

  1. A nice find at Col Bills Scotty! Thus looks like a decent sized force to me....you could just leave a few of the Brits in barracks if you wanted to do a test game....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps not strong enough to take on the British, but you must be getting close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely getting close. The artillery and armoured car will help

      Delete
  3. Nice work Neil a good looking force of Russians 👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Col Bill's is very handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ray. He's always worth a visit once in a while

      Delete