Sunday 17 April 2022

Lost mojo

Well after some high painting outputs at the start of the year, I haven't picked up a paintbrush in over 2 weeks. I just have no fancy for it. Got plenty of figures in to paint, even prepped, just don't fancy. Going to try a do a little work this afternoon on a Hydra for Dragon Rampant game on Thursday.

But wargaming related, I did get a colonial game in the other week, forgot to write it up and a bit sketchy on the details. All I remember is the Beja won and the Brits best form close order or can be quickly swept away.











Wish me luck on picking up a paint brush.

10 comments:

  1. I've had a similar issue lately, painting slowed the past week, but, it really manifested itself in the past month with bothering to update the blog.
    Hope you get the spark again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, got loads that need painting, just too easily disteacted at the moment

      Delete
  2. That's not like you Scotty! I am at a bit of a loose end at the moment but I think my lack of motivation is down to not a lot on hand fir me to paint! Hopefully my Minairons 20mm SCW figures turn up this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, hopefully a decent game will get me going again

      Delete
  3. Good luck in rediscovering your painting mojo!

    Oftentimes, a game is enough to prime the painting engine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Jonathan. Hopefully Thursday's large Dragon Rampant game gives me some inspiration

      Delete
  4. I think this happens to all of us now and then Neil. I'd say your mojo will return soon enough. You can't force it in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It happens to us all. At one stage many years ago I suddenly stopped and thought long and hard at what I was doing, painting and playing with toy soldiers. I then realised I enjoyed the whole collecting playing thing and started again. But I do have times even now. What worked for me was painting something totally different ie 54mm figures, terrain, one offs. It seems to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I've actually just been painting a Reaper Bones Hydra, quite liberating to paint something different

      Delete