Tuesday 19 May 2020

Hairy a...d Barbarians

Germans are the stereotypical barbarians of the ancient world. Nothing subtle about these guys. Now with the forthcoming Infamy, Infamy rules I knew I had some of these guys languishing in a box. I dug them out and after a little reorganisation there were enough painted figures for a warband, Chieftans, skirmishers and 2 groups of cavalry. So after some rebasing and touch up of the paintwork here they are. First the infantry, a mix of Foundry and Wargames factory.




Next were 2 groups if cavalry. These are from 1st Corps. Not my best paintwork, but they will do.



I also had 5 left over figures from Foundry to paint, so set to work. I also discovered some Wargames factory Germans. Tgese are not great, but servicable. So I built 5 to complete the group.



I do have enough of the plastic figures built for a further group. There are also a couple of spares for a standard, musician or as ambush points. I'll definitely will need more, probably 2 more groups of warriors as a minimum.


So that makes 5 units so far. I might have a look at some of the Victrix and Warlord plastics or even 1st Corp as they do grwat unit deals.

4 comments:

  1. Looking good; plenty of hair, not much a__; not the naked Barbarian types evidently! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole new warband......almost from nowhere 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt. Helps when a new project gives life to old figures

      Delete