Sunday 12 April 2020

Franco - Prussian War update

I've had a hankering for a while to expand this collection. After completing the last Marine regiment I scoured through the unpainted mountain to put together a Garde Mobile regiment and a Prussian officer. I will need a further 2 of these regiments to add to XII Corps. The figures for these are Friekorps. Slightly smaller than the Outpost figures, but fine in their own units.




Now with these additional figures my storage was an issue. They were overflowing and with Lockdown I am unable to buy more. So a hunt around in the attic turned up 3 larger boxes - storage solved and enough space to add extra figures (always handy).

Now as the collection hasn't been out for a while I decided to get them out for a lityle photo opportunity. Allows me to update the FPW page as well.

Wurtemburg Division

Prussian Cavalry Division
Bavarian I Corps
So my Prussians currently stand at 3 infantry and 1 cavalry Division. When all my figures arrive I can add 2 more infantry Divisions. At least these will be Prussians.

French III Corps
French XII Corps
The French currently have 4 infantry and 1 cavalry Division completed. There is also an infantry and cavalry Division nearly completed.

With further reading I've discovered that III Corps had a 4th infantry Division, so that will need completing. XII Corps needs some artillery, another cavalry regiment and 2 more infantry regiments. Thankfully a small Corps.

12 comments:

  1. Nicely done, great looking reinforcements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking troops Neil, and nice to see the collection all together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep em coming Scotty, we'll have that huge FPW game yet!
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive force there Scotty! The additions look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good. The FPW could have been much closer than it was, many what ifs to consider and very attractive uniforms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Gonsalvo. The French had the opportunities but didnt make best use of the Chassepot. Their high command performed poorly throughout the war

      Delete