Monday 27 August 2018

Ottoman review

Firstly a few more additions to my Ottoman infantry. There is a unit of Azabs with muskets and 2 units of Jannisarries. The Azabs are from Friekorp. The Jannisarries are mainly Roundway with Friekorp officers.




I chose the yellow coats for the Jannisarries as I liked a picture of them in these colours in an old Osprey book I had on the Ottomans. Quite catching but the next 2 regiments will be in the more traditional blue.

As I was packing these away I decided to have a quick review if the army. So far I have 27 squadrons of heavy cavalry, but only 6 squadrons of of lights. The infantry is well served so far with 5 regiments of Jannisarries, 1 regiment of Tufecki, 6 regiments of Azabs and 5 regiments of Irregulars.






I reckon I'm about 70% complete with this army. I do have 4 more regiments of Jannisarries to complete with another 12 squadrons of various light cavalry.

So what else do I need. A few more officers would be helpful along with some artillery. A few more squadrons of Sipahi and Akinji would also be nice. After that any additions would be limited.

6 comments: