Sunday 2 March 2014

More Skaven

Well second post of the weekend. This time I have been painting up some more Skaven for WFB 3rd edition. I'll also be able to use these as allies to my Undead forces of the Lichemaster. First up I've painted another 8 figures for my Warlords own personal unit, until I can replace them with some Stormvermin. Then they will be relegated to mere clan rats. These also contain a standard bearer.

Clan rats
Clan rats
I have also completed a second full unit. These will either serve as basic clan rats or possibly skaven slaves as I need twenty according to Warhammer armies. Once again these figures are all from the Island of Blood set, this time armed with spears. I did manage to obtain 40 of these from EBay for a paltry sum, very good value. The second twenty are already started and will serve as a second clan rat unit. This time I went for a blue and grey colour combo and think they turned out rather okay.

Skaven slaves / clan rats
Skaven slaves / clan rats
I've painted these guys in a very basic fashion, concentrating more on how they look as a unit than as individual figures. This is allowing me to get through them quickly and providing a welcome respite to my WSS project.

No comments:

Post a Comment