Sunday 17 June 2018

GNW Russians and review

Over the last couple of nights I finally finished the basing on 2 more infantry battalions from the Novogorodski regiment. The figures are all Roundway with the exception of 2 Dixon officers.



After completing these I am now contemplating how many more Russians do I need. Mick already has enough Russians to re-fight Poltava so that isn't the goal. Now for campaign games I need between 10-15 horse regiments and 20-30 infantry battalions with a couple of artillery batteries to support. So it was time to get them all out the box too see where I am at.


First up is the 10 battalions that make up the Auxiliary corps that fought alongside the Saxons at Fraustadt.


Next is the main core of my infantry. 4 Guard battalions, 6 Grenadier battalions and 8 musketeer battalions. These are supported by 2 medium artillery batteries.



The mounted arm currently consists of 12 squadrons of Horse Grenadiers fielded as 4 regiments and 5 regiments of Dragoons.

The Russian army
Going through my lead pile I can put together 2 more Dragoons regiments. 2 Grenadiers battalions, 4 musketeer battalions and a light artillery battery. Do I need anymore? probably not as I can add 3 regiments of Cossacks and 2 Cossacks infantry battalions. Then i can turn my attention to another protagonist of the Great Northern War, The Ottoman Turks.

6 comments: