Wednesday 22 March 2017

WSS / GNW Danes X

After a weekend gaming some ACW at Micks it was time to get back to the Danes. I had quite a productive few days completing 2 regiments as some command bases. First up is the 2nd Jydske regiment, these are all Bluemoon figures. For a change I went with a black undercoat which has made the coats come out darker, think I'll stick with grey for now.


The next regiment is the 3rd Jydske. The majority of these figures are from Roundway. The ensign is a Dixon's figure on a horse from Essex miniatures.


As the box was out I decided to take a group photo of my first completed cavalry brigade.



As my Danish gore has expanded, it was time to add a few more command figures. I decided to add a Commander in Chief base and a Line commander base. The figures are all from Roundway and a mix of General figures with some French horse command added.


As I'm now awaiting some more figures from Roundway for the next cavalry brigade my thoughts have returned to the Swedes. I now have some re basing to do as I have decided to combine the command and pike bases. The result of this is I now have spare painted pike men,  so guess I'll just have to get some extra musketeers and put together a few more battalions.

8 comments: