Sunday 22 May 2016

Battle of Fredericksburg

I have the good fortune of being invited up to Micks for a re fight of the Battle of Fredericksburg. It was fought December 11 - 15 1862 between Lee's Army of Virginia and the union forces of the Army of the Potomac under Burnside. However Mick has asked a couple of us to supply some of the troops as this is a rather larger battle. I have been asked to provide rebels for Jackson II corps and union troops for Reynolds I Corps and Smiths VI Corps. So it was on to sorting through my collection to see what I had. The brigades for this battle are much larger than those for Gettysburg, but I didn't think that would be a problem. Imagine my shock when I realised I am short of figures. I need figures for 2 rebel brigades or 19 stands and 1 union brigade of 9 stands. I need to make an order and quick as I have limited time to paint them up. My figures of choice would normally be Peter Pig, however for delivery time you cannot beat warrior miniatures, so order made, confirmation received they will be dispatched by Tuesday. Hopefully the figures should arrive by the weekend which gives me 2 weeks to get them done....sorted I think

5 comments: