Wednesday 30 July 2014

Austrian Cavalry and Landwehr

Despite the continuing heat I have managed to get some painting done, though been limiting my time to nights when it's slightly cooler. First up is the last of my Austrian foot, this time a third Landwehr regiment, Steirmark. These are 24 figures like my other Landwehr regiments but the figures are all from Warrior miniatures. I quite enjoyed painting these in their green coats, a bit of a change from white uniforms.

Steirmark Landwehr
Steirmark Landwehr
To bulk out my cavalry forces I have completed the first part of a Cuirassier regiment. These are No. 11 Anspach. My idea is to paint up two units of 12 figures, suitable for Black Powder or to combine them into a 24 figure regiment for General de Brigade. So here is the first 12 figures, again these are all from Warrior miniatures.

No.11 Anspach Cuirassiers
No.11 Anspach Cuirassiers
I now just have the other 12 to paint and 4 more Generals and that will complete the main part of my Austrians. I am still undecided on whether to add a light cavalry brigade and expand the Grenadiers up to 4 regiments.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Neil,
    Your landwehr and cavalry are very nice. You mentioned that you were considering raising a light cavalry brigade and I can only encourage you to do so. It can be part of an advanced division matched up with jagers and/or Croats and a battery of light artillery. The brigade will give you some flexibility even though it may take a bit of time to do.
    Jerry
    A/K/A The Celtic Curmudgeon
    "grumpy is good."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit i am leaning to complete it

    ReplyDelete
  3. More stunning Austrians Scotty! Really like them. I too would recommend some lights!

    ReplyDelete