Saturday 15 December 2012

FIW New Jersey Provincials

Finally managed to get these guys finished. I went for the New Jersey regiment, simply to match in with my rangers which were also a New Jersey unit. The figures are all from Front Rank. Not quite quite sure if I got the blue right for the coats, but I'm happy enough with them.



The figures came in only 2 variants. I am thinking of picking up some more, but this time from Galloping Major to add a bit of variety. I want enough for a couple of units.

Next up is an officer, I think he is from the SYW Prussian range by Front Rank, will need to check. He came as part of a bundle of figures I got off EBay.  Unfortunately his coat has turn backs, but I am reasoning that since he is an officer he is more than likely provided his own attire.



The bases as usual are MDF provided by Warbase. Now I have the last 10 Frenchmen to complete.

6 comments:

  1. Nice looking and painted unit! Nice officer to!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://www.peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, your "officer" is a Front Rank SYW Austrian Musketeer Sergeant with Halberd. But its an interesting idea to use such a figure for a Colonial officer! Nice looking unit.

    ReplyDelete