Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

Just wanted to wish all my fellow Bloggers a Happy New Year. I've just had a quite time this year, not to much booze but plenty of food.

During the holiday period I have managed to get some painting done, mainly a handful of Chaos Space marines for my own non Chapter approved renegades and some 15mm War of the Spanish Succession, mainly Austrians and Hessian's. I'll post some pictures later in the week when I get the basing is finished. I will also have to order some more bases from Warbase as I have run out.

On the gaming front I got a surprise this year. My better half never purchases anything wargaming related for me, she thinks its a silly hobby. However after much chipping away and hint dropping, she finally did it. Now I won't say that she bought some Grenadiers or such like, she wouldn't have a clue where to start. She did however buy me the X wing game. I've already had one go against my daughter just using the basic rules. No pictures as I am shamed to admit she beat me twice in a row (feels like wings of war all over again). However I am impressed with the rules, and if like me you grew up with the original Star wars franchise, I've been waiting for a game like this. Already bought an extra X wing and 1 each of the expansion sets Y Wing and Tie advanced.

Well that is the end of the fun as back to work tommorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year and I've thinking of trying X wing!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best Scotty, hope you all had a good time
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. best wishes for a happy and healthy 2013 filled with fun Scotty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit late, but have a good year Scotty!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://www.peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete