Saturday 10 November 2012

Terrain part 3 and others

Finally managed to finish my 2 rock outcrops. Quite pleased with these, despite the larger base warping slightly. I finished both bases with sand and added some static grass to help blend them in with my wargames table.

small rock outcrop
another view
Large rock outcrop
Frenchman added for scale purposes.

Due to the lack of gaming opportunities at this time I have been able to concentrate on finishing off some of my scenery. Next up was the third woodland Indian hut. Constructed using the same methods as the others. I've got enough material to finish off another model.

Indian hut

For use during games of Muskets and Tomahawks, I picked up some movement trays to be used for the regular troops. Each tray will hold 8 figures. I'll try and pick up some more with differing sizes and layouts for the more Irregular troops.

Movement trays flocked and grass added
The troops in place

I also manged to pick up some more figures from Front Rank. The first painted are some more French Regulars for the La Reine regiment. I also complete a foot and mounted officer, Captain Clerambault to lead them. The flag is from War flag. This brings my regulars up to a strength of 2 units of 10. I also have another 10 and another officer to paint up.

La Reine regiment additions
Next up, I've ordered some more bases and movement trays. I also have some militia, provincials and a Ranger captain to paint. The larger building from Pegasus hobbies just needs basing, photos to follow. I have also been using some poker chips to make counters for use in the game, white for French and Red for the Brits. After this I only need to add a few more civilians and some livestock. Not sure yet if I will put together a larger river and get some canoes to add a bit of variety to the games. There is also the possibility of building a fort, the MDF walls from Warbase look promising.

4 comments:

  1. Nice work Scott, I wouldn't fancy climbing them outcrops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great result on the outcrops Scotty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice looking outcrops!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice pieces of scenery! Lovely unit!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://www.peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete