Sunday 25 November 2012

FIW Militia

Sorry for the lack of updates but real life is taking precedent at the moment. Gaming is definitely on the back foot and my painting is only on a sporadic basis. That said I did manage to complete a handful more figures for my French and Indian war collection. These are 2 units of militia, each of 4 figures. I will be adding to these to bring both units up to their 6 figure maximum. The figures themselves are from Front Rank's AWI range. I like the fact that you can pick out the individual figures that you want and in the quantity that you want.

Militia unit 1
Militia unit 2

I also painted up an officer for my unit of rangers. This figure is also from Front Rank. Size wise each matches in well with the AW miniatures I currently use for my rangers. The only noticeable difference is the length of the rifle, which is significantly shorter on the Front Rank model.

Ranger Captain
Ranger Captain
I also finally finished off the final building, another log house from Pegasus Hobbies. These plastic kits have much to recommend them. I have seen the latest MDF ones from 4ground, but currently cannot see me getting any at this time.

Trading post
Trading post
This model will probably see use as the main focal point within a settlement as it is larger than the other models I have or act as a stand alone trading post.

8 comments:

  1. Know what you mean, life gets in the way of the hobby! Well done though, nice figures.
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. I need to get some Civs and Militia for some Indian Raids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work and I agree it's a nice feature of Front Rank being able to pick and choose each figure.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Real life can be a pain sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about real life getting in the way.

    I also seem to have lost my painting mojo and cannot seem to get anything done at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice looking troops...and trading post!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great painted figures! And that tradepost is just wonderfull!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://www.peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete