Saturday 24 July 2010

Blenheim

In a couple of weeks I'm heading up to Micks for a weekend re fight of the Battle of Blenheim. I'm really looking forward to this. I have been given the dubious of honour as the Allied C-in-C for the weekend. Got quite a bit to live up to, though outnumbered in infantry and artillery we have an advantage in horse. I'm sure the French players will not make some of the mistakes that their namesakes made on the day of the real battle.

I now have the responsibility of organising the army, its deployment and set the orders for my 2 subordinate commanders. Unfortunately I have only been partners with Alex for one battle and never with Jan. I'm going to have to ensure the orders are detailed enough for them. Again a challenge because as they say no plan survives contact with the enemy. I myself often play 'off the cuff' looking to exploit openings as they unfold during the game.

My regular gaming partner, Jon, has command of the French with Harry, who both should know each others games quite well. Will it give them an advantage? possibly! We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment