Monday 19 September 2022

WW1 Turks - progress

As a lot of my efforts lately have ben around preparing for the clubs Blood Bowl league, see here orcidas Blood Bowl I feel I have been neglecting the historical side of the hobby. So in the meantime I have been trying to get another batch of Turks completed. So here they are, 20 more infantry from Copplestone Castings. I still need to get the bases completed, which should be done over the next couple of days.

Next month I will try to pick up some more, though I may try and get a few from Gripping Beast to add a little variety in pose and headgear. They also have artillery and Arabs in Ottoman service, which is always handy.

I now find myself in the unusual position of having nothing to paint for all of my current projects. I may have to dip into the 15mm WSS and FPW to see if I have anything I can paint up.

Update - managed to complete the bases today, bringing me up to 3 full squads to support the Asia Korps.





10 comments:

  1. Nicely done Neil…..just thinking about painting some more Russians ? Nothing to paint ! that isn’t a problem I’ll ever have 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Matt. I wish Wargames Atlantic would hurry up and release their WW1 Russians. Perfect for Whites

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Scotty. My Turks have not arrived from Caliver as yet, that's about a month since Dave handed them to Royal Mail I think.....hoping to see them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ran out of stuff to paint? I cannot believe it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there are a few things, but no interest in painting them

      Delete
  5. Looking good, even if in Khaki! :-)

    ReplyDelete