Wednesday 8 September 2021

SCW Buildings

After the last rules play test, I realised I could do with a few more buildings if I wanted to represent towns or say the outskirts of Madrid. So I decided to pick up a couple of the modular mdf buildings from Warbases. So far 2 more buildings done with 1 more to start on.

The first building was just a simple 2 storey tower added to a spare adobe building I had left over. I did the usual, covering the mdf in some watered down pollyfilla. This time I went for a white colour scheme instead of cream.



The second model is a 2 storey building. I even added a balcony, which Warbases sell as part of the range along with low and high walls. For this building I have added a small garden, just waiting for a order of some suitable tufts to arrive.



Both models are very rough and ready, but they will see plenty of use in club games. This brings me up to 7 buildings with 1 more to do. I can definitely see me getting a few more of these in the future.


14 comments:

  1. I like your work here, Neil. We all could use more buildings. This is an activity that I take too much for granted in my own projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep more buildingss the better, these took about 10 minutes to put together. Highly recommended.

      Delete
  2. The buildings came out well. Urbal arears abound i areas soak up a lot of soldiers and buildings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit, I am a bit mean when it comes to buildings, apart from a few resin 15mm ones we used to be able to buy locally 25 years ago (now sadly OOP I think) I a
    have made all my own, either using mdf or thick card. If I have a sapre $100 to spend, I would rather get figures, even though I totally agree that buildings and foliage are highly desirable on a gaming table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit to building alot of my own. But the Warbases stuff was cheap

      Delete
  4. They came out looking very well at a very reasonable cost. I have the Hovels Spanish/Mediterranean Village set, and have gotten extensive use from it over the years. Likewise their Russian and Northern European Village sets. The right buildings really help to set the time and place for the game on the table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hovels do a good selection of buildinds, often overlooked

      Delete
  5. Great work- I love the bases and the plaster textures!

    ReplyDelete