Monday 30 January 2012

1st Maryland

In a total change for me, I've committed to painting up some 10mm AWI figures. I got these from Pendraken and cannot recommend them enough, lovely sculpts, plenty of detail and variety. To say I was daunted by painting these guys would be an understatement, how wrong I was, they were easy, taking the paint well with washes picking out the hidden detail.

The first unit of my force is the 1st Maryland in their hunting shirts. Most of the pictures I've come across show them in either blue or purple? I went with the blue and mixed in a few shades of brown to add variety to the unit.

1st Maryland in column of march

1st Maryland in Line
I've taken the flag from the Warflag site, not sure how historically accurate that it is, but I like it.

3 comments:

  1. Those are great, you got some good detail for 10mm sir....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, that was quick, still writing my next post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on such a small scale.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete