Tuesday 4 October 2011

Quick update

Well my Saga rules arrived and first impression, seems like a fun game. Need to give them a try out sometime in the near future. I even order some blank dice off E-Bay so that I can create additional dice for the Anglo-Saxons and probably Normans (I have plenty of these guys painted already).

Then just when I thought I had enough projects on the go and start, along came 2 more. After being to Micks for an ACW game we got talking and I've now committed myself to painting some Franco Prussian War troops, namely the Baden and Westphalians. The other is Dystopian wars. One of the guys at the club brought the rules along for quick game. Judging by the sounds of laughter everyone was enjoying themselves. Now it's become a bit of a project, from just having the starter fleet set for Britannia and Prussia others have now committed themselves to the Antarctic, Japanese and now myself the Americans. So orders made and just awaiting the figures, just got myself a various collection of frigates, cruisers, a battleship and aircraft carrier. It will be enough for a starter fleet and depending on the success I may make a few additional purchases.

5 comments:

  1. You've got yourself a good bit of projects there. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy man Scotty. Keen to hear about the Saga rules.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop listening to the voices, Ray is thinking about the SAGA rules but between the rules and the dice they seem expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats one of the reasons I am trying to make my own, not sure how successful they will be though

    ReplyDelete