Saturday 25 January 2014

Painting at last

Well as promised in my last post I thought I would post some pictures of some of the figures that I have manged to get painting this year. First up is a small group of Dwarf warriors that actually inspired me to get painting again. 1 is from the Citadel Norse Dwarfs range and the other 5 are from the original plastic regiment set that GW brought out in the late 80's.

Dwarf warriors
Sorry it's not the best picture as I took it with my mobile and the light seemed to reflect badly of the metallic areas. I also need to locate some shield s for these guys. So far I have found 2 of the originals, just 3 more need so will probably end up browsing EBay.

Next up is a unit of Austrian Jaegers for my Napoleonic collection. These figures are all from Warmodelling. In the end they didn't paint up to bad despite my misgivings while painting them

Jaeger firing line
Jaegers
I also manged to finish off the 2 battalions of infantry to add towards my Friedlingen project. The figures are all from the Dixon Miniatures range and are lovely figures to paint. They are the Baden-Durlach and Reischach battalions.





This just leaves 2 infantry battalions and a regiment of Dragoons to complete the Imperialists for Friedlingen. I can then concentrate on finishing off the French figures. As i was in the mood for WSS I have arranged a club game for Thursday night using the Black Powder rules. I will post reports as the battle progresses. it sees my Imperialist and Saxons facing off.


4 comments:

  1. Nicely done, love the Baden Durlach battalion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice work Scotty! You have achieved a lot so far this year! Well done.

    ReplyDelete