Monday 1 January 2024

ECW for Simon

So the first post of the New Year and the first figures completed. These are the 8th regiment of foote for Simon. I've already got them bagged up the the last 3, just need labelling up when I find the labels. One of the disadvantages of taking down Christmas decorations and everything gets tidied up, you then can't find anything.

So just 2 more regiments of Royalists and 2 Scottish regiments to go. I will be pleased to see the back of these. I know it's a personal thing but I find painting figures and then not basing them up to use in a game a bit dispiriting. It's like you have no final output for your endeavors. Anyway, hopefully Simon will send me some pictures when he gets the flags added and regiments based.

I've also splashed out on some new figures in readiness for a new project that will run alongside the Marston Moor Project. This will be World War II in North Africa. So far I've ordered a boxed set of infantry and AT guns from Forged in Battle, picked up a second boxed set from Colonel Bills rather cheap with some HMG teams. I'll be re-using a couple of Panzer IVs already in my possession as well as a couple of Panzer IIIs from Zvezda to add a little punch. They'll be done for games of O Group which I'm looking forward to trying out.

12 comments:

  1. New Project for the New Year sounds a perfect way to begin 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Neil, I have been thinking about getting some forged in battle 8th army for the desert to get her with my rather excessive number of tanks ! Perhaps this year ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forged in battle are lovely figures. I did notice Colonel Bills had a few 8th army sets for sale

      Delete
  3. Sounds great! Can't wait for your 2024 projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to 2024 Scotty...great to see you are already embarking on a new project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, hoping it fires up my enthusiasm to paint again

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year to you and yours Neil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Neil. A new project, such a good way to start 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, just waiting for them to arrive

      Delete