Saturday 20 November 2021

For the Mahdi

I eventually got around to sorting out the first of my Mahdist force. I don't have any completed units yet as I'm just putting them together 1 sprue at a time. I've also gone with an idea I had based on the 3-2-1 basing for irregular troops. Instead of circular bases I went for more irregular shapes. A bit of a pain creating them, but meet my needs.

First up is some tribal warriors, all Perry plastic miniatures.



Just another 6 to add. I went for a mix of cream and white for the clothing. The second batch is the start of some musket armed troops. These are a mix of Perry and 2 Darkest Africa figures from Foundry.




Pretty happy with how they turned out. Kept to a simple paint scheme as it is how they look as a mass that works for me. Just another 78 to go

7 comments:

  1. Nice work, I like the idea of irregular basing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! What rules are you planning for this project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan. We are planning on using The Men Who Would be Kings rules

      Delete
    2. I recently picked up those rules with an eye toward using them for the Spanish-American War.

      Delete