Friday 23 July 2021

SCW update

It's been a while since my last update. Not much painting has been getting done as I've been busy with work. However I have made a small start on 2 new platoons for this project. 

First up is 4 FAI-CNT militia from Empress miniatures. The flag is from Flags of War.



These bring my militia up to 15 figures, will need another 18 to complete the platoon. I envisage the sections being 10 figures with the command section just 3 figures.

The second platoon I'm working on is some Carlists for the Nationalist cause. I've put together the first section of infantry,  these again are from Empress miniatures.



I do have enough figures to complete the Carlist platoon. As I'm rather enjoying these I may go on to complete a second platoon. I've still got Panzer 1 and some artillery to also finish.

14 comments:

  1. Looks good, Scott! Nice to see a post from you with a project update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Jon has done what happens to me at work on email on a daily basis - people say "Hi Ross" instead of "Hi Keith" :)

    The Empress miniatures really are very nice but a tad expensive for my tastes. Our friend Rick has a very large SCW collection using their range - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, I try and pick up the unit packs from Empress as can make a difference

      Delete
  3. Lovely figures...and nice period!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice units I do like the red berets 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done Neil, I unpacked my SCW collection last weekend and am keen to get a game or two in again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul. Look forward to seeing some AAR of your games

      Delete
  6. These look great Neil. The flag really sets them off too.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete