Sunday, 27 September 2026

Re-furbished dark age huts

With recently getting into Pillage and spending most of last year with Baron's War I had expanded my collection of dark age / early medieval buildings. To the point some old card and teddy bear fur buildings I made over 20 years ago had become redundant. A shame after all the use they give during games of WAB. I even offered them up to the club members but there were no takers. Now nostalgia kicked in, I didn't want to just throw them away. So 20 minutes later sitting in the garden I gave them a refresh. I had never really been happy with the colour of the thatching, so I gave the roof and wooden parts a quick dry-brush of grey followed by a sand colour, this is the same scheme I use on my newer buildings to help them match in.

The original building

Dark grey dry-brush

Sand dry-brush

The finished buildings

Hopefully these will get some use in future games and will save me from buying any more huts.

14 comments:

  1. That little bit of renovation has really made the difference, Neil. They look great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, just a little TLC was required

      Delete
  2. Very nice refurb and refresh and good to see them live on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! Nothing like a refurbishment!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid refurb work, Neil! It would have been an absolute crime to bin terrain pieces that served you so well.

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great little hamlet village is really taking shape spot on for Pillage but great for so many games.

    ReplyDelete