Friday, 25 September 2026

Carnevale

So I got tempted by this game a few weeks ago as I was looking for something a bit different but a small figure count. So I picked up one of the starter sets and a couple of additional figures I liked the look of. It all kind of reminds me of the Computer game Assasins Creed. So I've initially spent some time watching some games on Youtube and I like what I see. 

So after taking the plunge I had a chance conversation with Mitch after the Border Reiver show. He was hooked and ordered the other starter set. He has even signed up for the STLs so he'll be doing a lot of 3d printing. He has already dropped off 5 figures for one of the more unusual factions, the Rashaar.

The starter set comes with 8 figures, 4 for the Guild and 4 for the Rashaar. So I've gone for the Guild as my starting faction as the extra figures are also the Guild that I picked up. I've deliberately gone for a limited colour scheme.


The Pilferer, Gondolier, Arbalast and Fisherman from the starter set

Rialto assassin, Ebeneezer Chummage and Mira O'Shea 

I think I'll pick up a few more figures for this faction, quite fancy the witch for a bit of arcane magic and one of the Escorts for some added punch. In the meantime I can make some progress on the Rashaar as I've got a planned first game next week against Mitch.

12 comments:

  1. I have looked at this game myself, some great miniatures and I have seen some lovely tables done. Nice work on your figures, they have turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Donnie, it's was the figures that attracted me to the game

      Delete
  2. Figures look nice but not a game I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jonathan,it's a fast paced fantasy skirmish game set in Venice

      Delete
  3. A nice looking distraction Scotty - I have often looked at TTG (I think) MDF buildings for this game - sort of Venetian canal side looking buildings with Ponte Vecchio style bridges etc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, yes TTcombat have a whole range of MDF Venetian buildings including some ready painted

      Delete
    2. Interesting minis look great.

      Delete
    3. Cheers, thought I'd try something different

      Delete