After painting up some command figures for 'B' and 'D' troops of 2nd cavalry , I did a little review and realised I had reached the end of stage 1 of this project, well actually exceeded in some parts. The initial plan was for 4 troops of US cavalry supported by 3 or 4 companies of infantry with some civilian and Crow scouts. So I actually have 6 troops of cavalry, 3 companies of infantry, some wagons, an artillery piece and the civilian and Crow scouts. For the Native Americans I wanted 40 or 50 mounted and 20 or 30 on foot. I actually have 50 bases of mounted or 100 warriors and 10 bases of foot or 10 figures. After a few play tests I don't think I'll need any more warriors on foot.
 |
| US forces |
 |
| 3 companies of the 9th Infantry |
 |
| 3 troops of 2nd cavalry |
 |
| 3 troops of 3rd cavalry with Crowscouts |
 |
| Souix warriors |
So what is in store for stage 2, well I do have the figures for 2 more companies of US infantry along with a limber for the artillery and a troop of cavalry each for the 2nd and 3rd cavalry. There are also some additional Crow scouts as well as some Apache which I may paint up with pieces of US cavalry clothing to use as Shoshoni allies, it keeps them different from the Souix and Crow. For the Souix I have enough figures for another 10 bases and a 3rd warchief. I may expand the Souix further as I had to borrow figures from Robbo to make up the numbers. I also have Thom looking into 3d printing some buffalo, if he can find a suitable STL.
Excellent progress Scotty and the collection all looks superb!
ReplyDeleteCheers Keith
DeleteNice parade and a good summarisation of where you are with this project, well on top of it that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteCheers Donnie
DeleteImpressive collection!
ReplyDeleteThank you Michal
DeleteYou made splendid work on the project and a fine parade too. With this parade in review, you are ready for Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show and his re-enactment of the Battle of Little Big Horn.
ReplyDeleteCheers Jonathan, think I'll need a few more Souix warriors
DeleteAlways good to reach a milestone. You have made quick progress Neil.
ReplyDeleteNeil
Cheers Neil, I always find the early stages of a project I am much more productive
DeleteAn impressive parade, Neil.
ReplyDeleteCheers Richard
DeleteThat’s an impressive collection put together very quickly. Nice work.
ReplyDeleteCheers Trev
DeleteFantastic all round great collection.
ReplyDeleteCheers Brett
DeleteSome damn fine work Neil What a fab collection!
ReplyDeleteCheers Ray
Delete