As I already have the inkling of a plan for a test game at the club in two weeks I added 'C' troop to the collection. Like 'A' and 'B' troop these are all from Peter Pig and include the dismounted troopers. The flag is from Wargames design. I really need to source some flags for the individual troops and move away from the American flag. So far nothing has come up.
![]() |
| 'C' Troop |
![]() |
| Head of the column |
![]() |
| 3rd cavalry on patrol |
After these were done I made a start on some I made a start on some dismounted native Americans. These are from Hovels. Nice enough figures but only 3 poses available. After these 4 bases I have another 6 on the painting table. I may pick up a pack or two from Peter Pig to add some variety.
The eagle eyed among you may notice some very simple face paint added to these. You can really see it from 3ft away on the wargames table.
For the weekend I have a 4th troop of US cavalry prepped and ready for painting. I'll hopefully make a start on some Crow scouts and more Native Americans that I got cleaned up and ready for priming.






Nice work Neil 👍
ReplyDeleteCheers Matt
DeleteGreat progress, Neil!
ReplyDeleteCheers Jonathan
DeleteStill making rapid progress on this project I see Scotty! For the various cavalry guidons, have a look at our mate Marks 1866 and All That site - he has "free stuff" and I think there are loads of ACW flags on there - a bit early I know but if he has cavalry ones, they would surely be close enough for 15mm (you would have to reduce them as he will have created them for 28mm) OR - you could ask an AI image generator to create some for you?
ReplyDeleteCheers Keith, I'll check those out
DeleteGreat work again 👏
ReplyDeleteCheers Michal
DeleteSome crackin figures, Neil! Great additions!
ReplyDeleteCheers Ray
DeleteVery nice work on this whole project.
ReplyDeleteThe US cavalry use swallow tail style for both the Colors and the Guidons the colors and symbols changing over the period. First was Red over blue with crossed swords. Later red over white with the Regiment number in the red and troop letter in the white, both in the inverse color.. Troops rode distinctive color horses as well. You can do a quick search to get ideas. I find the troop flags easy to make myself, but I'm sure there must be a commercial source as well.
I'm enjoying seeing this project come together and looking forward to seeing your games.
Thank you I may look to do my own flags
DeleteSuper work Neil, looking good, I like the look of the PP figures, they are very nice indeed.
ReplyDeleteCheers Donnie, the Peter Pig figures are full of character
DeleteMore fine additions Neil and the face paint looks good. Definitely worth adding.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Cheers James
DeleteGreat work, such a fun project.
ReplyDeleteCheers Joe
Delete