Sunday, 4 October 2026

Streets of Venice

Mitch and I played through the 2 two starter scenarios to get the hang of the Carnevale rules. We did make a few mistakes and can rectify that for the game next week. One thing we definitely need more of is some buildings. I had two that were used but they needed painting. I did have one more to build but even that would not be enough so I ordered two more from TT Combat.



Mitch's lovely clock tower

I spent the weekend building and painting the models. I have deliberately gone for a very limited colour palette as I want the buildings to feel that they belong together. First up was Calle Svoltare, which is a modular building consisting of three buildings, which can be mixed and matched with other buildings in the range.

Calle Svoltare



The other two buildings I picked up were single pieces from the same 'Streets of Venice' range. Villeta Balcone Zaira and Casa Elena.

Villeta Balcone Zaira

Casa Elena

Buildings so far

I also finished 4 pieces of floating debris, these are a must for the game, allowing your figures to jump across canals. They were made taking some spare pares from the Wargames Atlantic scenery sprue and some left over coffee stirrers.

Floating debris

I've now got a few more figures to paint up for Thursday's game, I need to get my Guild gang up to 75 ducats.


10 comments:

  1. Splendid work on the buildings, Neil! That TT Combat scenery looks grand, and sticking to a limited palette has really tied the whole table together.

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Andy, they are great for the price

      Delete
  2. A nice start Scotty - how did you find the actual games - they are presumably skirmish level? The TT Combat models for this "period" look great: as I think I mentioned on a previous post, I have considered buying some several times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The game is a fast and fun skirmish, really enjoyed it so far. The buildings are well worth picking up

      Delete
  3. Great looking buildings, Neil.

    ReplyDelete