Just another quick update as I make a little more progress on this collection. First up was some 15mm tepees from Hovels They may be a little on the small size compared to more modern sculpts, but at £2.50 for 2 they are an absolute bargain. Peter Pig charge £6 for 1. They are were just given a quick paint up.
I'll definitely pick up some more of these as well as some from Peter Pig for added variety. I can't imagine that tepees came in an agreed size. I want to have quite a large village, at least 10 models will be required. On the theme of Hovels, I picked up some of their mounted Native Americans. These are a good size match with the Peter Pig and Tabletop figures I already have. They also add some much needed variety. I'm quite impressed with the Hovels figures despite their age.
![]() |
| L to R, Hovels, Hovels, Peter Pig & Tabletop |
For the US cavalry I've added 2 officers, both foot and mounted. These are from Peter Pig





Knocking them out Neil!
ReplyDeleteFree figures are always nice.
Neil
Cheers Neil, very happy with the free figures
DeleteMore great looking stuff Neil 👌
ReplyDeleteCheers Michal
DeleteGreat additions, Neil... and some freebies to boot.
ReplyDeleteCheers Richard, the freebies are a definite bonus
DeleteCrackin looking tents Neil and nice to get a little bargain too!
ReplyDeleteCheers Ray
DeleteColorful accents on your teepees!
ReplyDeleteCheers Jonathan, I wanted them to stand out
DeleteThose Tepees look great, Scotty, and I am sure you are right that they were not all the same size - just like people and horses aren't! Nice bonus from your mate Robbo too!
ReplyDeleteCheers Keith, the tepee were definitely not a flat pack from IKEA
DeleteNice work on the tepees Neil, and the additions look great too. Very nice to get some free figures too for your project.
ReplyDeleteCheers Donnie
DeleteLove the decorations on the teepees! This is a nice looking project!
ReplyDeleteCheers Mike
DeleteLovely additions Neil. They must be expanding rapidly into sizeable forces.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Cheers James, they are building nicely
Delete