Sunday 11 March 2018

GNW Russians X

This week I've concentrated on getting some more mounted troops to fill out my Russians. First up is 3 squadrons of the Ingermanlandski dragoon regiment. The figures for this unit are all from Dixon's. Still my favourite figures for this period.

Ingermanlandski Dragoons 
Ingermanlandski Dragoons 
I haven't as yet found a flag reference for this unit so plumbed for green as I like it.

The next unit is another single squadron unit. General Sheremetev's life guard. The only reference I had was for red coats, so I decided on green waistcoat and cuffs. I have since seen a reference showing white cuffs from 1711. Not sure if I will change them.

Sheremetev's life guard
Sheremetev's life guard
I've now got a couple of musketeer battalions prepped for painting as well as 6 squadrons of Horse Grenadiers.

12 comments:

  1. Ingermanlandski Dragoons are my favourites, very nice job Neil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent progress. well done Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Neil, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely paint sir, 15mm I presume as I'm not up with currently available figures for this period, as when I was collecting my horde (early eighties)there was the old Minifigs, Essex!

    Paul/Golgfag1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking Russians Scotty!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete