When I was organising my Polish troops I realised that the old Mikes Models and Essex figures are not quite compatible in the same units. Part of my orders were to rectify this. I included a single pack of the Mike Models Pancerni to replace the Essex figures. These were then used to complete a separate unit.
The new figures are those without the bared horses. I tried to paint them to match the originals that I painted over 20 years ago.
I also completed another regiment of Pancerni, this time using Donnington figures. They are not my favourite, but at least add variety.
This brings me up to 9 regiments of Pancerni. I do have enough figures from Essex for another regiment. I am awaiting an order from Legion Herico for 2 further regiments and some Dragoons. I may try and mix these with the Essex figures.