Saturday 1 July 2017

Not Happy

I'm sure a lot of bloggers are now aware that Photo bucket have decided to stop 3rd party hosting unless you pay a fee. Now I am rather angry at this money grabbing stunt. Unfortunately this means none of my photos are viewable.  Now I'm going to have to look for a new host of my photos and decide if I have the time to go back and fix all of my links. Bearing in mind this blog has been going for well over 6 years, that is a lot of work which I have little enthusiasm for.

The blog may be quiet for a while as I sort a few things out.

7 comments:

  1. What they are doing is very bad. I can´t see why they would make such demands and hope that they wouldn´t loose customers.
    Why Didn´t you host the pics direct to the blog? At the Moment it´s still free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to move everything to the PC and start correcting the links

      Delete
  2. I appreciate you alerting the rest of us to this situation. This is very disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, just checked mine Scotty, 3/4 are missing. I have them on hard drive but lots of work to get them back on. I will never use these pricks again and I would hope they go bust!
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pain. Started to re do links but a massive job. Got 524 pictures just for the WSS

      Delete
  4. I've always hosted mine direct on blogger so I feel your pain.... The business model is BAU.. build your base by offering free and then start charging.. don't doubt blogger and Facebook will go the same way eventually... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve I wouldn't be surprised if either did end up charging

    ReplyDelete