Wednesday 12 July 2017

GNW Poles III

After the conclusion of the WSS campaign with Mick, our attention has turned to a campaign based around the Great Northern War. Once again we will each have 3 armies to field. Logically Mick has taken the Swedes and is already expanding is collection to field his 3 armies. For myself, I'll be using the Saxons and Danes as 2 of my armies. For the 3rd I had contemplated using a mixed Russian and Saxon force. Instead I've decided to use the Poles and I'll need to expand the collection. Why Poles? Why not. An army that is colourful with not the best quality of troops for this war against veteran Swedes, it will be a challenge.

So here are the first of the new additions. 2 regiments of uniformed Cossacks. The figures are from Essex miniatures.




This brings me up to 5 Cossack regiments, more than enough. I've also got a unit of Dragoons on the painting table and 2 more regiments of Pancerni. I'm also thinking about putting an order in with Timecast for a couple of packs of the Old Glory Pancerni as Pancerni would make up approximately 70% of a Polish force at this time. I do have a few infantry to paint up but these are not as urgently required.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely job Neil, lovely job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Neil! Sounds like you are trying to make life difficult for yourself in this campaign though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the challenge and I get to paint a colourful army

      Delete