Sunday 5 March 2017

WSS /GNW Danes VIII

Yet more progress on my Danish force. This time 3 more battalions of infantry. Then I can make a start on the horse. First up is the 3rd battalion of the Droningin regiment. Like the previous 2 battalions these are all from Dixon Miniatures.


The next 2 battalions are from the Prince Christian regiment. The figures are from Roundway. I chose these as I quite like the wine red facing colours.



So far this brings the infantry strength up to 17 battalions. I do have 3 more glued to painting sticks ready for undercoat in.  This will complete the infantry that I need. I then took the opportunity to organise then into 3 brigades for a couple of photos.



With all of my efforts on the Danes so far, my Swedish troops are looking rather shorthanded. I've ordered a couple of infantry battalions from Roudway and plan to make a start on the Swedes after I complete the Danish horse regiments


10 comments:

  1. Impressive and beautiful infantry...waiting for the horses now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent looking Danes, you must have nearly the whole Danish army now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Phil. Got them on the painting table now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed an impressive sight! Lovely work with the brush again Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive force and looking very fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you've done it now, I want a game with these fellows. Get organising mate it's up to you!!!
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete