Saturday, 6 September 2014

Napoleonic Cavalry

After my last post my additional bases arrived from Warbase, so I set about basing up the two cavalry units that I had completed. The first unit is the 14th Polish cavalry regiment, which were equipped as cuirassiers in 1809.

14th regiment
14th regiment
These figures are all from Warrior miniatures, French curirassier figures. The unit is currently only at 8 figures but I will expand it. The figures were originally intended to be Dutch cuirassiers until I discovered during the 1809 campaign they hadn't been issued the cuirass.

The next completed unit is that of the 2nd Dutch cuirassiers. Again these are only at 8 figures and are to represent a detachment added to the Dutch infantry division as part of X Corps. The figures are from Warrior miniatures and I have used the French dragoon figure. The only issue I have with these is the length of the carbine, but not enough to be an issue in 15mm. The flag is purely conjectural taken from the Warflag site.

2nd Dutch cuirassiers
2nd Dutch cuirassiers
As I manged to get these based on time both regiments have made it into the club game, timely as well as John has now lost both of his French cavalry brigades. I will do a write up of the game when we hopefully finish it this Thursday.

4 comments:

Phil said...

Nice looking units, good job!

Neil Scott said...

cheers Phil

Rodger said...

They look lovely Scotty! Great work!

Neil Scott said...

Thanks Rodger