Tuesday 7 January 2014

1809 Westphalians

I still haven't lifted a paint brush this year but hope to remedy that at the weekend. These guys were all painted up in early December and I have only just got around to posting them. Sorry that the pictures don't seem the best.

First up is the Guard Regiment. I couldn't find suitable figures with gaiters, but I feel that these guys were close enough. The figures are from Warmodelling and didn't paint up too bad in my view. They are from their French range of Guard Chasseurs. The flag as usual was taken from the Warflag site. In comparison to the other units I have an extra base, just didn't want to waste the 4 figures.

Westphalian Guards
The second unit completed is that of the 2nd battalion of the 1st infantry regiment. These figures are all from Eureka and were won as a blog prize from Dux Humoncularum. These chaps are lovely figures and were a joy to paint.

2nd battalion 1st Regiment
I did paint up 2 brigadiers but unfortunately the pictures have not come out. I did manage a couple of group shots before the battery went flat.

Westphalian Brigade
Westphalian Brigade
I know that the Westphalians did not have the best of reputations during the Napoleonic wars, but sometimes I enjoy using troops that are of low quality as it can really sharpen up your tactics and any successes you have with them are to be savoured. I do intend this year to paint up a second brigade as they have some Guard Jaegers and Chasseurs that I want to do.

10 comments:

  1. "I still haven't lifted a paint brush this year......."
    Bloody disgrace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a game organised to get me going

    ReplyDelete
  3. That could be arranged. Will be in touch soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What no painting this year!!! Great looking figures Neil, now get that brush out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see the minor nations getting some love. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheers guys. Even managed a half hour painting tonight

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work on these guys Scotty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the variety of forces, good work!

    ReplyDelete