For the bases I used some MDF from the bottom of an old set of drawers. I trimmed them up to remove the straight edges. Next I went to work on the polystyrene, cutting and shaping until I was happy and then glued them to the bases. I had to use some cocktail sticks to pin the large piece as it was constructed from a couple of pieces of polystyrene. I then coated both pieces with a large mix of PVA glue and polyfilla to help protect them before I get around to painting them up.
As my FIW project progresses I have been making up a few purchases. !st off I bought another of the Pegasus models, this time the 2 storey log house. This will take over the place as a trading post and relegate my home made model to a basic homestead. On EBay I picked up a bargain 27 SYW French by Front rank figurines. These will allow my French Regulars to increase to 3 units of 10 with a further 2 officers. There is also a mounted officer if I wish to use one. This leaves my British rather shorthanded , so to start redressing the balance I have ordered 8 militia, 8 provincials and a ranger officer from Front Rank. Next month I will add a couple more militia, ad some Indians, probably from Redoubt for added variety.